National Background Check, Inc.
Customer Service Representative - Expedited FBI Background Checks
National Background Check, Inc.
The Customer Service/Channeling Representative team member will be responsible for Channeling (expedited FBI background checks) operations and customer service/support for National Background Check, Inc. With a strong attention to detail, the Channeling Customer Service Representative will process applications, verify fingerprint submissions are complete and accurate and facilitate the expedited FBI background check on behalf of our customers. Working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, this role helps our customers receive the background check they need to review for purposes like adoption, traveling or studying abroad and more.
Position Status: Exempt
Supervision Received: Reports to the FBI Channeling Supervisor, National Background Check, Inc.
Supervision Exercised: None
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones promptly and professionally, and maintain a helpful demeanor with internal and external clients
- Practice and reinforce superior customer service skills in customer interactions on the telephone and in person
- Handle customers professionally and with a helpful demeanor
- Respond to and accurately resolve customer issues and/or complaints
- Contribute to the overall success of National Background Check, Inc by communicating effectively with management to ensure that company initiatives are followed
- Handle all Key Account fingerprint card transactions communication.
- Correspond as needed with management to communicate problems, clarify questions and issues
- Processes FBI Channeling (Expedited background Checks) requests, and follow-up with customers as necessary
- Learn Channeling guidelines and policiess
- Keep channeling log up to date
- Stay up to date on filing /paperwork/ phone calls in channeling area
- Mail out channeling results in a timely fashion
- Keep the channeling area neat and be aware of where all forms are
- Secure all paperwork in channeling area
- Retrieve calls from voicemail system daily. Ensures that all calls are returned to customers
- Manage customer payments
- Positively promote all goals and objectives of management within the sales office and on mobile appointments
- Continually seek to improve the sales experience with revised and improved processes
- Maintain a positive attitude and work environment, so as to lead by example
- Contribute to the overall success of the office by fostering a positive teamwork environment
- Develop ideas and present at weekly staff meetings/share with management
- Follow department policy as set by the Channeling Supervisor
- Must be self disciplined, have excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must be a self starter
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Data entry experience preferred
- Two or more years customer service and/or administrative experience preferred
- Strong computer, telephone and communication skills
Associates Degree or higher accepted
This position is contingent upon acceptable results from the FBI Background check, fingerprint-based criminal background check, and pre-employment drug screen and verification of U.S. citizenship.